An insight into the mind of one of the most fucked up people you have the chance to know. And a place for you to hear me rant or tell you cool things (you know you want to!)

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Windows NET server cannot find NETwork

Hallo hallo, it's me again.

I resurrected Timo's dead DVD drive (the one I was supposed to fix 4 years ago) in order to salvage my Windows Server 2003 install. The registry got repaired, and it booted up fine...except it won't connect to my router anymore. It's either "invalid IP" or "cable not plugged in". At this step, I'm still hoping some software problem (or maybe a router reset) would fix it. I've tried with 2 cables, so that's not the problem. At the worst, the internal LAN port died..but why would it? The router sees it as active! I can't reset the router yet though, since I'm downloading something off IRC and Bittorrent.

Apart from that school was fine. Tuesday is my big day (8:30 to 5:30 of non-stop classes, except a break in which I do homework). Chem was akalyl naming, break was humanities homework (1000 word summary of utilitarianism), physics was short as always, math was a one-hour quiz that took me 25 minutes (and I had the same answers as the girl next to me, who got 90% last semester). Then humanities with Doris Miller was well...priceless. Once again, I shall sum it up: "I think yelling and loud parties are unacceptable. It's not your right to do such things, it is my right not to hear them. So you either move in the woods, or not do it."

Here's hoping the server will work so I can get back to programming. Oh, the ghost image perfectly extracted and I got all my files out of it ;)

___________________________
|-= Alex's Life Status v.0.8 =- |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
[M]o.o.d: 100% Happy
[L]i.s.t.e.n.i.n.g. [T].o: Radiohead, mix of best of their songs on CDs.
[L]i.k.e.d: Meh...getting a glimpse of my gf today
[D]i.s.l.i.k.e.d: Net problems with server...
[G]o.o.d [C].l.a.s.s: Math
[B]a.d [C].l.a.s.s: Humanities..duh.
[M]: Yes. [T]: 2
[T]o.d.a.y's [M].e.s.s.a.g.e: "If I burst out laughing at you, it's a good thing...it means you've provoked intelectual pleasure and happiness inside of me, so much that I need to laugh." - Doris Miller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home