An insight into the mind of one of the most fucked up people you have the chance to know. And a place for you to hear me rant or tell you cool things (you know you want to!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Embrace a snake and it will bite you.

Well, not much happened today... I saw Caro, Kewen ended up at my house and made food, and I did some more work on the I/O Manager in ReactOS. There's a _NEW_ issue with SPAMfighter, I'll have to look into it tomorrow. I also sold my laser on ebay for 300$ :)

Now I'd like share a personal story with you.
You see, I am the president of this company called Relsoft Technologies, and I now get around 250MB/day traffic, and hundreds of hits because of my article (and probably more once the NTFS article is up). I kindly gave my friend a subdomain. Then I spent an hour configuring a forum for her, and gave her full admin access (oh the stupidity).

So of course I post a message on the forum saying hi to all those people and that if they need anything done on the server, they can message me. What does my friend do? Delete the message.

Then I give myself admin access on the forum and do some maintenance work, like installing new modules and updates (to make sure my corporate website won't get hacked). What does my friend do? My friend not only DELETES my account, but also BANS my email/IP.

Now I find this utterly retarded. For starters, this forum runs on my SQL Database (SQL is a database format). All the forum posts, users, etcs, are actualyl entries in this database. So while my friend can ban me and feel proud as an admin on the frontend (Forum)...I'm still in control of the actuall SQL database where I can do where I want.

Worse, I actually gave my friend the fucking website and forum address. Now tell me, if some guy gives you the key to his house and lets you move in, are you going to change the lock and make sure he never gets in? It's still his fucking house, and he's sure as hell going to kick you out of there.

So of course I could either tell my friend to fuck off and post stupid messages on the site of forum (similar to graffiting your roommate's house after you get in), or I can simply delete everything and never talk to this person again (similar to kicking your roomate out and telling him to fuck off).

Now I always knew my friend was kind of a bastard, but I was willing to accept that. I mean, after all, I've done bad things in life to be first and on top too, so I can't blame my friend. As long as it didn't personally affect me, I don't care. But banning me from my own company website kind of pushes my limit. Besides, it's truly stupid. It's kind of like comitting suicide. You're fucking with a free service someone is giving you.

Siwen, I really thought you were smarter then that. I mean, sure, beat me in a competition, hack my website, blow up my PC, fire me from your company...whatever, those are good ways to piss someone off and show you're better. But...banning me from my own website? Now that's just retarded honey. Goodbye, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!

Oh yeah, some lessons in life for everyone
1) You know when Linux people tell you never to give root access to anyone? Don't.
2) Don't fuck with the wrong guy and think you'll get away with it.

I wrote a lot about this...it really amuses me... I guess for most people, this would hurt them. But I always knew my friend was like this, so I wasn't expecting anything better. I always thought she'd do something more evil though...not something as stupid as this. Oh well...it amused me!

Can't wait for Princess Diaries 2 tomorrow! And Caro!! YAY :D

___________________________
|-= Alex's Life Status v.0.5 =- |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
[M]o.o.d: 100% Laughing my ass off
[L]i.s.t.e.n.i.n.g. [T].o: Usher - Yeah
[L]i.k.e.d: Seeing Caro, Kewen's soup, seeing yet another friend backstab me.
[D]i.s.l.i.k.e.d: SF having another problem.
[T]o.d.a.y's [M].e.s.s.a.g.e: "Embrace a snake and it will bite you"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home